Effective Date: September 1, 2019
We can be reached by email at: email@example.com
We value the privacy of our website’s visitors. We do not sell your personal information without your consent. This section gives a brief overview of our data collection and use policies. Please see below for a more detailed discussion of each topic.
MNSCHOOLJOBS is not a public entity, nor is MNSCHOOLJOBS a responsible party in the review, qualification, or hiring of candidates for any employer on the Site. Job Seekers should review the Applicant Data Practices Notice (www.mnschooljobs.org/applicant-data) to learn about the rights of those seeking employment with public schools in Minnesota.
We collect the following information:
- Information that your browser routinely shares with websites.
- Personal information that you provide us voluntarily related to employment, such as contact information including, but not limited to, name, email address, phone numbers, street address, and demographics including race, ethnicity, and gender.
- Any information you use to apply to jobs on our website including, but not limited to, employer-generated screening questions, work experience, and education.
- Activity history including, but not limited to, applications submitted, searches, and jobs clicked on.
We use and disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide services that you request.
- To help us improve our Site, understand our Site’s users and their preferences, and market our products and services.
- To our contractors who provide supporting services, as needed for such services, but only on terms consistent with this policy.
- To protect our business interests or the rights of others, when required by law, to cooperate with law enforcement or in connection with the sale or merger of all or part of our business.
We use the following tracking technologies:
- Cookies, web beacons, and similar technology track movement across our website and keeps track of our registered users and their preferences.
Other details about our practices:
- Although the Site may contain links to other websites, this policy applies only to the websites operated by MNSCHOOLJOBS.
- We use your personal information only for the purposes it is collected and consistent with this policy, and we retain your information as permitted by applicable law.
- We may update this policy from time to time, but we will allow you to opt-in to any material changes in how we use your personal information.
How we collect information
Information provided by your web browser
You never need to provide personally identifiable information to search for jobs on our Site. Logging into the Site, and providing personal information, is always optional for you. However, like many other websites, we may record information that your browser routinely shares and automatically track certain information based on your behavior on the Site (“Aggregate Information”). This information may include the URL that you have just come from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), the URL you go to next (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer’s browser information, mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text that is typed and your IP address. All Aggregate Information that is collected on the Site is collected via Google web analytics services. Google does not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use Google’s services.
Personal information that you provide
We may collect personal information that you choose to provide to us on a voluntary basis. When we ask for your personal information, it is so that we can provide a product or service to you and communicate with you about those products or services. For example, when you provide us with your name and resume, we may use that information to provide you with information about job postings or services that may be of interest to you. MNSCHOOLJOBS reserves the right to retain Users’ personally identifiable information, resumes, cover letters, and any other documents indefinitely.
Posting a resume
Posting your resume on the Site puts you in front of Employers with open positions. When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Site in the future, you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume. Posting your resume gives you the most visibility to the broadest Employer audience possible by making your resume searchable in our Candidate Database. Any registered Employer user who purchases access to the database can view your resume and contact details (to the extent you include them in your resume).
You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, employers, recruiters, and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database, may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use, or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information that you would not want to be made public in your resume.
How we use the information we collect
We will generally use the information we collect to help us operate the Site, provide requested products and services, help us understand our users and their preferences, and market products and services to our Site’s users that may be of interest to them. The following provides a more specific description of our uses and disclosures of the information that we collect. We will seek your consent before we use your personal information for any other purposes.
We may use your personal information to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant job postings, services, advertisements, educational or other career development opportunities) or provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site. By providing us with your personal information, you expressly agree to receive this information via email or by any other mode of communication for which you have provided us with contact information. If at any time you decide you no longer wish to receive these communications, you may opt out of any further receipt by following the opt-out provisions provided in each such communication. MNSCHOOLJOBS may also aggregate non-personally identifiable information about its users (such as occupation, location, education, and experience) and use such anonymous information to prepare reports it provides.
You should be aware that when you choose to publicly display or distribute personal information (such as their email address or resume) on the Site, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties for which MNSCHOOLJOBS is not responsible.
You may have arrived at the Site by following a link from an affiliate’s website. If so, please be aware that MNSCHOOLJOBS may share any information we collect on this Site with that affiliate.
MNSCHOOLJOBS may also disclose personal information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, or protect the interests or safety of MNSCHOOLJOBS or other users of the Site. In addition, the personal information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy of MNSCHOOLJOBS. Such disclosures may be made with or without your consent and with or without notice.
How we protect your personal information
MNSCHOOLJOBS will use commercially reasonable means to protect the Site’s integrity and limit access to your personal information. However, we cannot provide absolute assurances against, and will not be liable for, breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of personal information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of any of the Sites, you can request a copy of this information from the Site by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the MNSchoolJobs at 1430 Concordia Ave #40516, St. Paul, MN 55104. Please include your name and email address in email requests and your name and postal address in mail requests.
Some Important Tips To Use When Dealing With Prospective Employers
- We will never request your social security number, and you should never give out your social security number to a prospective employer.
- Never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction with a prospective employer through the Site.
- Employers on MNSCHOOLJOBS are all located within Minnesota. Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of Minnesota.
Changes to this policy.
Our business and the laws that regulate us change from time to time, and we reserve the right to change this policy. If we change this policy, we will post the revised version on the Site. If we propose to change our policy in a way that would permit us to make additional uses of the personal information that we had previously collected about you, we will obtain your affirmative, express consent before using your information in a materially different way.