Osseo Area Schools is a Qcomp school district: Teacher Development & Evaluation Overview
Please review the full job description at the link below for a detailed description of the essential functions and requirements of the position.
Academic Support Teacher
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MN teaching license in Reading K-12, OR a valid MN teaching license in another field and willing to obtain an Out of Field Permission.*
- If not currently licensed, must be willing and eligible to apply for and receive a Tier 1 or 2.*
*Additional information can be found at MN Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB). Apply for Additional License
Preferred qualifications include:
- Facilitate study groups for small groups of students
- excellent assessment, case management, crisis intervention, interpersonal, conflict mediation and communication skills
- knowledge of PBIS, Thinking Maps and PBL is helpful
- Successful experience with improving student achievement
- Knowledge of technology based activities that assist and facilitate student progress
- use data to drive instruction
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
Working knowledge of instructional technologies and ability to infuse technology into curriculum
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Advance academic excellence, growth, and readiness •
- Ensure an equitable and inclusive school culture •
- Foster positive learning environments and whole student support
- Deep knowledge of core areas in Language Arts and early literacy
- Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated strategies that support diverse learners
Salary: View salary grid on Pages 51 – 52 of the teacher’s contract Education Minnesota Osseo
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Bargaining unit: Education Minnesota Osseo
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.