Watertown-Mayer Public Schools
The Watertown Mayer School District is located 24 miles west of Minneapolis. The district has a Speech-Language Pathologist position needing to be filled at our elementary school, starting in the fall. This is a full time position.
Position/ Service Summary: Providing speech and language therapy for students with special education services including speech, language, voice, fluency and communication impairments. The Speech-language pathologist will provide a complete array of services to students with identified communication problems, including students whose primary disability is “speech-language impairment” and students with primary disabilities who have needs in the area of communication (for example, students with autism, cognitive disabilities, or developmental delays).
The Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP) in accordance with due process rights of students. IEP designs articulate a “team” service model, whereby the SLP will be working directly with regular education and special education staff, as individual communication plans are implemented.
Communication/language skill building, occurs throughout the day; thus the need for the SLP to have the skills, commitment, and determination to work with all service providers. Knowledge of the 3:1 service delivery model is preferred.
- Current MN Licensure in Pre K-12 Speech Language Pathologist,
- Masters Degree in Communication Disorders required
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competency (C’s) or the ability to obtain.
- Experience and willingness to work on general education teams and provide collaborative special education services with general education teachers is required.
- Interest in and ability to relate well to all ages of students.
Questions: Please contact Deanna Gronseth, Special Education Director at 952-955-0207 or firstname.lastname@example.org