Special Education Teacher
FTE 1.0, Specially Designed Classroom Teacher
*This position will serve students in Federal Setting 1-3 in a Specially Designed Classroom program at Wayzata High School
Wayata West Middle School
Wayzata Public Schools is currently seeking a Special Education teacher with the ability, skills, and training necessary to work with a broad array of students with disabilities in a cross-categorical model, such that they can receive an appropriate education program in their neighborhood school.
- Special Education Licensure required for working with students in Federal Setting 1-3.
- Multiple licensure preferred.
- Ability to design and implement specially designed instruction tailored to meet the unique needs of students requiring special education services.
- Experience and willingness to work on general education teams and provide collaborative special education services with general education teachers is required.
- Ability to collaborate with paraprofessionals and to effectively direct the work delegated to them.
- Interest in and ability to relate well to elementary students.
- Experience with evaluation and eligibility determination for special education services preferred.
- High student achievement
- Instructional Technology- Technology levy has increased the number of computers and other technology available for use in the classroom.
- Alternate Compensation- This program provides teachers with additional professional development opportunities through peer coaches, courses and study groups.
- Competitive salary and benefits- Our benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance; long term disability and employee assistance program.
- Professional support and development- First year teachers are provided a mentor and on-going professional development opportunities.
- Good People- We strive to hire good people that work well together and have fun doing it.
- Apply online at www.wayzataschools.org/apply
- Internal Applicants must complete the internal application located on the website under application process.
Applications received on or before 3/20/23 will be given first consideration. Position will remain open and active until filled.