Support Staff | Special Education Paraprofessional | Sleepy Eye Elementary School | Closing: until filled
- Collect behavioral data on students
- Supervise testing for small groups of students
- Read tests, homework assignments, and class readings aloud for students
- Collect and provide data for informal assessments
- Help students understand teacher directions
- Tutor individual and small groups of students
- Discipline students following school PBIS policy
- Administer individual student behavior plans – escort students to the resource room, office, etc.
- Help students with homework or missed work
- Re-teach concepts after initial instruction by teacher
- Supervise students during work time and answer questions
- Assist with labs/class activities for all students
- Work one-on-one with an assigned student who is struggling academically or behaviorally (if assistance by a special ed student is not needed)
- Make modifications as directed by the teacher.
A two year or four year degree is desired, but not necessary. You may need to take the Para E-link test to become highly qualified.