POSTING #: 3065
6.75 hours per day (8:05 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.), Monday through Friday for a 172 work days (170 student contact days plus 2 inservice days) per school year.
Duties may include:
1. Assist student(s) with special needs throughout the school day with instruction in basic skills, social skills and routine assistance for students who need support with managing extreme behaviors, toileting, hygiene, medical and mobility needs.
2. Supervise special education student(s) to ensure safety.
3. Assist with collecting and monitoring of student progress data.
1. High School diploma and additional post secondary training relevant to children preferred.
2. Acceptance of students’ disabilities and limitations.
3. Must be able to lift, pull, or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
4. Accepts direction from supervising teacher(s) and is willing to work as a team.
Based on the 2021-2023 Paraprofessional Agreement salary schedule of Level VI, step 2 at $18.98 per hour.
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/start-your-career until filled.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment physical and criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.