Elementary Special Education
AFSA is seeking a full-time Elementary Special Education due process manager. Professional development provided for licensure requirements and more. We work with an inclusion model of primarily level 1 and 2 students. AFSA brings a unique learning experience to our students and we are seeking teachers who can build strong student, parent, and community relationships for our team. Case managers are supported by an in-house due process coordinator and clerical support. The school counselor provides the social skills groups as needed. We contract for specialty services such as speech, OT, PT and DAPE. We hire outside experts to assist with evaluations as needed, leaving more time for the teacher to provide direct services to their assigned students.
AFSA is a K-12 public charter school. AFSA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or political beliefs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate teaching area
- Valid MN teaching license
- Open to Tier 1 or Out of Field Placement licensures as well.
- Develop and present relevant, timely and engaging curriculum lessons.
- Work with general education teachers to co-teach.
- Be a caring adult in your student’s lives.
- Supervise students to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Provide experiential learning activities.
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Director or designated staff member