Special Education ABS, SLD or DCD Teacher at Jefferson Elementary School. This position will be from approximately 1/22/24 through 3/22/24.
Experience working with elementary school aged students with academic and behavior challenges; knowledge of due process forms and procedures required; knowledge of MN SLD and DCD criteria and the evaluation process including Functional Behavior Assessments; understanding the use of Positive Behavior Supports; knowledge of how to write a Behavior Intervention Plan; ability to work with a team; training or willingness to be trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI); and excellent oral and written communication skills. Highly qualified in Math, Reading and English preferred.
License by the State of Minnesota in Elementary Education as well as Licensure by the State of Minnesota in ABS, SLD or DCD; multiple licensure preferred
Faribault Public Schools is a rural Pre-K through Adult School District located about 50 miles south of the Twin-Cities. The school district currently serves approximately 3,700 students in Faribault and our surrounding areas within our community of 23,000 citizens within the city limits. District sites include one early childhood center, three elementary schools K-5, one middle school 6-8, one high school 9-12, one area learning center 9-12 and one education center for adult education.
The historic community of Faribault offers adventure, fun, unique dining, history, shopping and entertainment. Once you arrive you will experience historic landmarks, cultural and artistic gathering places in downtown, 10 lakes within 10 miles with many resorts and campgrounds, 39 beautiful parks within the city, an outdoor aquatic center, miles of bike, walking and snowmobile trails, great lodging and restaurants; enjoy year round recreations such as biking, kayaking, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, fat tire biking and so much more.
Faribault Public Schools provides a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. Other benefits include:
- Substantial personal and sick leave days
- Fully paid single health insurance
- Annual stipend of up to $1000 for national certifications
- Enticing retirement package
- Our district educational positions qualify for federal loan forgiveness program
- State of the Art Fitness Center open to staff
- 1:1 Technology for staff use
- Work-life balance culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Strong mission and vision statements
- Numerous before/after school and summer programming for additional income and/or volunteering opportunities.
- Solid Community Education programs offering opportunities to create and/or participate in unique programming
In addition to a supportive and collaborative professional environment, the town of Faribault has a number of unique characteristics:
- Commutable from Twin Cities, right off I35
- Centrally located and driving distance within an hour of Mankato, Rochester, Twin Cities
- Lots of lakes and good fishing
- New downtown revitalization project
- Small town feel with many shopping, restaurants & recreational opportunities
Application procedure: Apply online at: www.faribault.k12.mn.us
Application Deadline: October 27, 2023 or until filled