Shakopee Public Schools is looking for a 1.0 FTE Science Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year located at Shakopee High School.
Shakopee High School is an Academy school focusing on post-secondary planning which include trades, careers, and post-secondary education. The Academies of Shakopee are small learning communities of students and teachers who are organized around areas of interest. Students have the opportunity to connect with others who have similar aspirations and with teachers who can make meaningful connections to their plans for the future. Core classes and curriculum complement electives and other classes in these small learning communities. Students can take classes in various Academies and are not bound to set a path, but rather can explore their strengths and talents. Step inside the Academies of Shakopee and experience what makes Shakopee High School truly unique.
Provides instruction in content area in accordance with each student’s ability, creates a classroom environment that fosters student learning and personal growth. Establishes effective working relationships with students and parents, works collaboratively with other staff members.
- Valid Minnesota teaching license in Science (grades 9-12) or willingness and eligibility to obtain an Out of Field Permission (OFP)
- Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated instruction
- Strong classroom management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to build successful relationships with students, parents and staff
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Classroom and/or office setting includes lifting, sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, keyboarding, etc.
You must be an permanent employee of the district to use the internal application. Substitutes are not considered internal applicants and must complete the external application. Apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/shakopee/onlineapp/ under job posting 5806.
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately. Those selected for interview will be contacted.
Our staff receive:
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Professional development opportunities offered through the District
- Strong mentoring program for first year staff
The Shakopee district serves more than 7,600 students in Shakopee, Savage, Prior Lake, and the Jackson, Louisville, and Sand Creek townships.
Our Mission: Shakopee Schools, in partnership with our community, will educate lifelong learners to succeed in a diverse world.