Location: Minnesota Excellence in Learning Academy
Date Available: 03/06/2022
Date Closing: Until filled
Position Title: Elementary Educator
Reports to: School Director & Executive Director
Employed by: Minnesota Excellence in Learning Academy
Location: 9060 Zanzibar Ln N., Maple Grove, MN 55311
Criminal Background Check: Required
- The Resident Teacher is a role that is designed to build one’s readiness to lead their own classroom.
- The Resident Teacher will provide structured release time so that a teacher may leave the classroom to support others.
- The Resident Teacher will work closely with teachers to plan lessons, provide instruction, and support the overall academic and social-emotional growth and development of the students.
- The Resident Teacher will gradually assume increasing teaching responsibilities with the end goal of transitioning into a Lead Teacher position.
- Cultivate a strengths-based mindset and language
- Celebrate students’ academic and social-emotional development
- Foster a safe, joyful, and rigorous learning environment that reflects the physical and social-emotional needs of the students
- Implement instructional strategies, learning tasks, materials, and technology tools that reflect consideration of and accommodation for the individual needs of students assigned
- Consistently support student achievement through the administration and analysis of formative and summative assessment and use those assessments to adjust instruction based on individual student need
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to support special education students behaviorally and academically according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Meet all lesson planning requirements
- Support the mission and vision of MELA.
- Exhibit professional judgment and demonstrate behaviors that are professional, ethical, and responsible
- Comply with all network policies as outlined in MELA’s Employee Handbook
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Minnesota Professional Educators License
- At least one year of experience working in an urban setting preferred.
Complete all duties, posts, and tasks as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply online at the MELA website: www.melaschool.org under Our Team, Careers
Minnesota Excellence in Learning Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.