Reading Interventionist (Grades K-6)
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students’ skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing, foster communication skills, develop an understanding and appreciation of literature, motivate students to read a wide variety of publications, comprehend the reading materials, and to promote the development of skills in grammar and syntax.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Standard teacher work schedule as set forth in the Teachers’ Unit Contract.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- MN State Certification as an Elementary Education Teacher or as required for position.
- MN State Certification as a Reading Specialist preferred.
- Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt