RN Substitute Nurses
Date available: Ongoing
1. Current Registered Nurse (RN) by the MN Board of Nursing.
2. Public Health Nurse (PHN) certification and/or MN License School Nurse (LSN) licensure preferred.
1. Provide assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of students with acute and chronic health conditions under the guidelines of the MN Nurse Practice Act and current district procedures.
2. Provide direct professional nursing services such as first aid, illness and emergency care, medication administration, g-tube feedings, catheterizations etc.
3. Provide mental health support including intervention and/or referral to appropriate school staff or community agencies.
4. Participate in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations and medical conditions.
5. Delegate appropriate health cares and provide ongoing supervision to health paraprofessionals per nursing judgment, the MN Nurse Practice Act and current district procedures.
6. Participate in Special Education evaluations as needed (i.e. hearing and vision screening, health assessments, etc.).
7. Follow state and county guidelines for reporting contagious health conditions.
8. Other duties as assigned.
$31/hour for Bachelor’s prepared RN. Increased pay for long-term sub positions (6 consecutive days or more).
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/