Multi-Categorical Special Education Support Specialist
Eastview Education Center
6.75 hours/ day – Monday – Friday
8:45 – 3:30 p.m.
This position involves working with students with multiple disabilities. The position includes supporting the students with functional academics, behavior, classroom activities, outdoor activities, toileting (including diapering), assisting with behaviors, self-cares, as well as any and all other activities/duties that are needed to meet the needs of students in the program. Additional duty list attached.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Two years post-secondary education in a related field is required.
- Experience working with elementary aged students.
- Experience working with students with behavior.
Essential Skills Required:
- Establishes a culture for learning by supporting the mission, beliefs and the strategic plan of the district
- Inspires and engages all students in relevant learning
- Ability to work under the direction of multiple certified staff (SPED and general ed)
- Maintain confidentiality of information about students, staff and families
- Experience working with diverse students and families
- Ability to assist students with behaviors
Apply online at Monticello Schools Employment Opportunities