Middle School Science Classroom Teacher (Grades 6-8)
Title: Full-Time Middle School Science Teacher (1 FTE) Date Created/Updated: 10/1/2021
Classification: School Year Instructional Staff Reports To: Executive Director
Cannon River STEM School’s vision is to become an innovative leader in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in Minnesota while creating a community of students who love to learn. Teachers at CRSS are responsible for bringing the CRSS mission to life, fostering each student’s innate curiosity and joy of discovery. Our teachers prepare students to become excellent questioners, scientific thinkers, and responsible citizens, who are able to contribute to the world with confidence and character. Teachers achieve this through student-centered, collaborative and experiential learning, with an emphasis on the environment as an integrating context. Teachers are responsible for organizing and implementing instructional programs to meet and exceed the K-8 standards set by the Cannon River STEM School and State and Federal governments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction, support and supervision to middle school students.
- Use place-based, project-based and inquiry-based methodologies in middle school math and science instruction.
- Make use of instructional resources and technologies and proactively contribute to the development of the school and assigned class to improve the educational quality of its students.
- Implement the goals and objectives of CRSS and the school and/or programs as applicable.
- Maintain contact and communication with /guardians of students and work with them in the development of each student.
- Assess and contribute to the curriculum design according to CRSS guidelines.
- Participate in building leadership activities and be a team player.
- Model appropriate interpersonal and communication skills in interactions with students and co-workers.
- Participate in the curriculum development process and teacher training throughout employment.
Required Education, License, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university.
- Valid MN teaching license (grade 5-12).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, students, teachers, staff, administrators, agency personnel and others.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, collaborative and flexible.
- Must clear pre-employment background check and substance abuse screening.
- Normal and regular attendance.
Desirable Qualifications and Certifications
- A valid Minnesota teaching license in Science, certificate, or other legal credentials required for level of assignment
- Project based or environmental education teaching experience.
- Must be able to operate a computer, copier, printer, fax machine and phone.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor learning environment through all seasons
- Must be able to move, traverse and position self in various locations, including rugged terrain
- Must be able to be outside in all weather conditions with students and maintain a learning environment.
- This is a full-time regular school year position that is eligible for the Cannon River STEM School’s benefit program. The benefit program includes health, dental, long-term care and life insurance, TRA retirement program and PTO.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt