Special Education Class 3A and 3B Education Assistants
Resource and center-based positions at middle school site(s)
Seven hours per day, which includes 6.5 hours of paid work time and 30 minutes of unpaid lunch time
$18.47 to $19.69 per hour based on the current salary schedule
- Assists in providing supervision and instruction to students with disabilities.
- Provides clerical and organizational support to special education teachers as needed.
- Works with individuals and/or small groups when activities and assignments are presented by mainstream teachers and/or special education teachers.
- Provides support for students in crisis.
- Willingness to lift, carry and physically manage as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Experience working with students who have cognitive disabilities, physical disabilities and behavior problems preferred.
- Word processing, filing and computer familiarity.
- Patient, calm and understanding manner when working with students.
- Sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Able to attend work regularly and report to work in a timely manner.
- Able to assist students with classroom assignments.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and has the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
Apply on-line at http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue N.
New Hope, MN 55427