LTS, Licensed School Nurse. Position works 8 hours a day on student days in private parochial school within the Shakopee School District. This is a temporary position that will last 2-3 months. Approximate dates of assignment are August 28-October 31, 2023.
- Assess individual student health needs; prepare health plans; delegate nursing and medical functions to other staff as appropriate for the task, individual student and staff person
- Administer and document medications following district procedures
- Maintain health records
- Obtain immunization records for all students and complete state immunization reports
- Perform nursing procedures such as tracheostomy care, gastrostomy care, diabetes management and nebulization
- Participate in the special education team, completing the health portion of Special Education evaluations & Individual Education plans, supervising PCAs and completing Medical Assistance billing procedures
- The LSN may work with a part-time LPN to assure staffing for health office and that a nurse accompanies students with nursing needs on field trips; the RN participates in regular LSN meetings and other projects/ committee representation as needed
- Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing, eligible for School Nurse Licensure
- Office environment
- Must be able to travel between sites
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
You must be a permanent employee of the district to use the internal application. Substitutes are not considered internal applicants and must complete the full external application 5649.
Apply online at http://www.shakopee.k12.mn.us/ under posting number 5649.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.