Qualifications: Candidate must have anAA Degree, AS Degree or 60 semester credits of post secondary education (equivalent of 2 years) or a passing score on the paraprofessional assessment test. Passing pre-employment physical. Ability & interest to provide assistance to children with special needs.
- Provides classroom assistance to students, which includes; assisting with class work and other assignments, administering tests, and tutoring students in small groups.
- Assists administrators, teachers and other staff to ensure proper behavior and safety of students.
- Works with various students to ensure learning is maximized.
- Assists students, teachers, and other staff in daily activities related to assignment
- Provide supervision.
- Operates and maintains equipment related to job assignment
Salary/Benefits: Hourly starting rate of pay is $14.40 per hour. Other benefits according to the Para Educator Working Agreement are located within the Human Resource section of the Austin Public Schools website at www.austin.k12.mn.us.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://www.austin.k12.mn.us/Pages/hr/hr-employment.aspx
As Equal Opportunity Employer, Austin Public Schools is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status or membership or activity in a local commission. The school district strongly encourages anyone interested to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.