Position Type: Facility Supervisor
Location: All District 197 buildings, including Thompson Park Activity Center and Branch Out Building.
Reports to: Director of Community Education
This is a part-time position, supervising community use of District 197 buildings and grounds. Ensure District 197 community rental policies are followed while providing quality customer service to all users. The facility supervisor must maintain knowledge of safety procedures; particularly Minnesota’s Stay Safe Plan outlining Covid-19 guidelines for social distancing and group gatherings.
Hours: 3-15 hours/week
Terms of Employment:
12 month, variable hours between 5-9:30 pm, M-F and some weekends.
Pay and Benefits:
- The rate of pay for this position is $20.00 per hour.
- Mileage reimbursement for travel among buildings during shifts. Mileage is not reimbursed for commute time to or from the job site.
- No other benefits are available to this part-time position.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Open and close district fields and/or buildings as scheduled for Community Education, sponsored program activities, and rental use.
- Greet building users, confirm they are an authorized organization, answer questions and direct them to the appropriate place.
- Monitor building activities and enforce rules, safety and security guidelines listed in the District 197 Facility Use Agreement.
- Perform walkthroughs with permit holders at the end of rentals to verify areas used are back in order, clean, and ready for District 197 use the next day.
- Submit electronic reports on any issues, complaints, damage, vandalism, and incidents to the District Facility Scheduler within 12 hours.
- Represent the district in a positive and professional manner.
- Promote positive relationships with head engineers, custodians, District 197 employees and community permit holders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of district policies and regulations which affect the Community Education program.
- Understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations related to students, staff and families, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism as it relates to handling and knowledge of sensitive program and district information.
- Provide input and updates regarding program needs, modifications, additions and deletions to Community Education Director
- Post signs for community education activities listing their location and direction.
- Assists adult enrichment instructors and permit holders as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development as needed.
- Perform other general duties as assigned to accomplish the objectives and goals of the program.
- High school diploma or GED
- Work independently.
- Reliable transportation.
- Computer literate.
- CPR & First Aid trained preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse communities.
- Discern and accept appropriate decision making authority as relates to the duties of the position.
- Must demonstrate positive working relationships, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with community users and staff.
- Ability to anticipate action steps and provide follow-through to see an assignment through to completion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to wear a mask for the entire duration of each shift.
It is the policy, practice, and commitment of District 197 to provide equal employment opportunities for all people without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please contact human resources if you need financial assistance for your pre-employment screening.