Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Assist the children’s teacher in carrying out daily program by arranging equipment and materials, preparing materials, maintaining supplies and participating in various activities.
- Work with students individually or in small groups on academic, motor, and social skills, e.g., math, science, literacy, art, physical education, decision making, self-esteem, pretend play, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean and and caring environment for young children.
- Observe children to prevent safety/health hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by coordinator.
- Participation in district training program prior to and during employment.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have physical capability to lift and attend to physical needs of students as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Demonstrate ability to work with young children.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working with diverse student population
- Experience working with families from low socio-economic background
- Ability to adapt to various schedules and work environments
Salary: View Classification II (2) salary grid on page 4, section 2, and classification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract
Work schedule: This position supports ECFE classes, children’s ages birth-5; 18 hours per week– M,T,W, and F mornings and Monday evening, hours vary per day and depend on class registration. Hours may expand to include one Saturday morning per session. 18 hours per week– 5 days/week, hours vary per day and depend on class registration.
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.