Salary/Hourly Rate: $15.76 or above depending on qualifications
To organize and implement a variety of recreation and enrichment camps for elementary-aged youth at an after school enrichment program held at several Hopkins Public elementary schools.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Plans, leads and implements age-appropriate enrichment and sports classes and camps.
- Must be available to work Monday through Thursday, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. while school is in session.
- Prepare materials for camp activities, including individual classes taught.
- Work as a part of a team with other Out of School (OST) program leaders and staff.
- Enforce all policies, rules and regulations established by Hopkins Community Education.
- Interact with parents and community members in a professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner.
- Supervise children using positive discipline to maintain an informal, orderly, and safe environment.
- Provide direction and supervision of Royal Connections Instructors.
- Complete attendance records, weekly schedules, accident reports, and all other reports as requested.
- Maintain proper care and use of equipment and facilities.
- Follow district safety procedures and guidelines and ensure that safety precautions are taken in all activities.
- Demonstrate and teach appropriate social skills to youth through role modeling and positive reinforcement.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Applicant must demonstrate experience working with children in a school or camp setting.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Driver’s License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- District policies and procedures.
- Web-based registration systems, analysis of data, and computer software programs.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Most current digital/online communications tools.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to relate effectively and in a positive and professional manner with adults and children from diverse social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the developmental needs and have a passion for working with youth ages 5 – 12.
- Knowledge of current principles and best practices in behavior management skills for youth between the ages of 5-12 years old.
- Positive attitude/high energy
- Dependability and the ability to work well with others.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in an office setting.
Occasional travel required to locations throughout the District.