REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Family Services Manager
SALARY: Based on level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience.
Click link below to review the 2021-2023 REA Contract containing salary schedule.
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4976 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Minnesota license in appropriate area required.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facilitate Children’s Growth and Development
- Structure the program to meet the individual needs of the children with regard to developmental stage, varied temperaments, learning styles and standards, experiences, talents, etc.
- Confer supportively with parents on individual basis and make referrals when appropriate.
- Model appropriate interaction for parents and children.
- Observe, record, and report significant individual and group interactions.
- Mandated reporter of suspected abuse or neglect as dictated by State, Federal, and Agency polices.
Plan and Implement Curriculum
- Plan and implement curriculum that meets children’s needs with special concern for enhancing self-esteem and promoting socio-emotional growth.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate parent/child interaction activities.
- Prepare materials and supplies for children’s activities.
- Guide teaching team in using developmentally appropriate and research based practice
Integrate with Parent Educators
- Communicate with parent group facilitators about children and significant events in children’s room.
- Communicate with parent educators about parent/child interaction and regularly integrate children’s and parent’s topics.
- Coordinate any special programming or field trips with a parent educator.
Participate in Team Building
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to aides, assistants, and volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Discuss program plans with staff members and encourage team to contribute to curriculum and planning.
- Must have a valid MN Board of Teaching License in early childhood education.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellennt communication skills
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.