Directs and coordinates activities related to area of assignment by performing the following duties. This is a 200 day a year position.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US:
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 403(b) Plan & matching
- This is a 200 day a year position.
- Salary: $70,000 – $75,000 depending on qualifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Collect evaluation data.
- Facilitate special education department meetings of all types.
- Review IEPs, as needed, for mentoring and coaching purposes, and to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Monitor due-process timelines for compliance.
- Oversee Due Process Clerk duties to provide guidance and monitor the collected data related to due process.
- Oversee the maintenance of special education due process records and SpEd Forms reporting.
- Act as administrative designee as necessary at IEP meetings.
- Monitor and manage internal due process support system.
- Coordinate and attend transition meetings for special education changing grade levels.
- Facilitate the transitions between settings II, III, and IV programs using district referral process, including serving as a representative for students placed at ISD 917.
- Monitor special education transportation processes and procedures.
- Lead and facilitate the intake process of new students with IEPs: review records to determine appropriate services, assign students to IEP case managers and contact coordinator if other placements may be appropriate.
- Monitor building special education budget and collect/review budget requests before submission.
- Liaison between special education staff and administration. Attend and actively participate in district level program planning as determined by the Director or Executive Director.
- Serve as a key contact for special education in the building.
- Coordinate implementation of beginning and end of school year processes and procedures.
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of service delivery model changes.
- Coordinate special education staff requests for due process substitutes and staff development.
- Coordinate state and district-wide testing for the Special Education Department.
- Coordinate with building administration regarding special education disciplinary issues.
- Access resources and materials for department and general education teachers.
- Oversee all resource department orders for curriculum and materials.
- Disseminate information to teachers.
- Ensure adherence to district due process guidance and procedures.
- Assist building leadership with master scheduling in relationship to IEP direct service needs.
- This position has scheduling and monitoring responsibility for paraprofessionals assigned to the department.
- Additional duties as assigned.
For full description see attached job description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Valid and current Minnesota state teacher’s license in the area of special education. Working towards a Special Education Director or other administrator license is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; required course work in education.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the Special Education teaching field.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and due process requirements relating to special education.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Apply online at https://isd194.org/employment/
Only those that are invited to interview will be contacted.
ISD 194 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY