The Cannon Falls School District is looking for an Educational Assistant who is able to be a Substitute as needed on a daily basis.
Hours are 7:30 – 3:00 on all student scheduled days.
$15.00 per hour.
To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing a quality instructional program to continuously improve student achievement.
Essential Job Functions
Effectively observe assigned work hours.
Maintain a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
Follow the daily schedule as prescribed.
Adjust to work assignments and/or schedule changes.
Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially
introduced and outlined by the licensed teacher.
Provide extra assistance to students with exceptionalities, such as non-English-speaking students or those with
Individual education Plans.
Assist in the effort to successfully keep all students in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP team.
Assist identified students with transporting materials or supplies as needed.
Assist identified students with specific personal and physical needs.
Supervise students in classrooms, hallways, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
Communicate clearly and positively with students and all stakeholders.
Perform assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting, class change and clothing routines.
Serve as a source of information and assist any substitute teacher assigned to the class.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervising teacher, Principal or his/her designee.
Demonstrate ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in the school environment and community. Maintain a cooperative working relationship with the Principal, supervising teachers, students, parents, staff and public.
Participate in professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals.
Participate in staff development opportunities provided by the district
Demonstrate a positive attitude toward work assignment.
Prolonged periods of standing or sitting could be required.
Accept responsibility for the work assigned and accept constructive criticism.
Additional school level responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or his/her designee.
– Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
– Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
– Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
– Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications
– Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
– Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
– Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
– Ability to report work orally or in writing to the supervisor as required.
– Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
– Works in standard office and school building environments.
– Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
– Prior experience working with special needs children is desirable.
Two years of college or pass the para pro test
FLSA Status: Non-exempt