Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 is a dynamic and innovative suburban public school district serving approximately 8,000 students. The District includes 8 elementary schools with kindergarten through grade 5 (some with voluntary pre-kindergarten programs), two middle schools with grades 6-8, one high school with grades 9-12 and one alternative high school. The District also includes one of the most extensive Community Education programs in the state, serving newborns up through senior citizens.
- Days: Monday-Thursday, June 12, 2023-June 29, 2023
- Hours: 8:00-1:00
- Location: Burnsville High School
- Compensation/benefits: Per Unit Agreement
AVID Summer Bootcamp is a joint program offered in collaboration with Lakeville schools and supported by Achievement and Integration funds. The opportunity is available for current 8th-grade students who will enter high school in the fall. AVID Summer Boot Camp is designed to strengthen students’ study and metacognition skills and correlates to the AVID elective curriculum. The program uses WICOR (Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading) strategies to engage, strengthen, and deepen student understanding of high school concepts.
- AVID Summer Boot Camp focuses on strengthening student study skills and habits to prepare them for success in rigorous high school courses.
- AVID Summer Bootcamp is an enrichment program for students prior to entering high school.
- Students do not need to be part of the AVID elective to participate in the AVID Summer Boot Camp.
- A program outline, based on the AVID Weeks-at-a-Glance will be provided. Teachers will be empowered to customize lessons as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree & Minnesota teacher license required. Certification in secondary level and experience working with AVID highly preferred.
- Our online application system offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted with candidates that best meet the current needs of the District.
- Review of materials will start immediately.
- The position will be filled on an undesignated time-frame when, and not until, the right candidate emerges.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of District One91’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District One91 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.